HR Strategies for Supply Chain Forum: Attracting and Retaining the Next Generation
Thursday, October 23, 2014 | 1:00 pm - Friday, October 24, 2014 | 4:00 pm
HR Strategies for Supply Chain
Attracting and Retaining the Next Generation
October 23rd and 24th, 2014
Aldred Centre, SAIT Polytechnic
To view promotional flyer
As the Calgary region is leading the way in economic growth as Canada's western transportation, logistics, and distribution hub, HR professionals are faced with the growing challenge of sourcing new expertise to meet the growing employment demands of their organization. The HR strategies for attracting and retaining the next generation will provide supply chain and HR professionals with a forum to discuss current best practices in the attraction and retention of youth.
This forum will promote active discussion of this important question, while at the same time providing an excellent venue for networking with HR industry leaders.
The program will be designed to cover a comprehensive spectrum of topics, which will be discussed in the format of workshops, panels and seminars.
Discussions will include:
- Supply chain labor shortages;
- Unintended barriers in recruiting;
- Youth real life job seeking experiences;
- Successful youth employment strategies / case presentations;
- Tools and techniques to maximize talent attraction and retention.
This is a great opportunity which you should not miss to:
- Learn and share best practice strategies in the attraction and retention of talent
- Rethink traditional hiring concepts and processes that will incorporate the needs and characteristics of the next generation workforce
- Develop for your organization, a new strategic HR process for attracting and retaining the next generation in supply chain and logistics
The program starts October 23rd at 1pm and goes to 6pm, including a Networking Reception with industry members and students from SAIT Polytechnic, Mount Royal University, University of Calgary and Bow Valley College.
On October 24th our session opens at 8:30am and our last workshop ends at 4:15pm.
Click here to view the program.
In this link you will find parking information on SAIT campus and how to get to Aldred Centre.
To learn more about Youth in Supply Chain and Linking Up, please go to: http://www.youthinsupplychain.org/
SAIT Polytechnic, Aldred Centre, Room CA 415 (1301 - 16 Avenue NW. Calgary AB, T2M 0L4)